Thursday, May 5, 2011

Compost Fair

I have been extremely busy these last two weeks, and now everything that I slacked off on is catching up to me! I'm sorry blog- for not giving you enough attention.

Before I talk about the compost fair, I want to just brainstorm a list of things that I need to do in the next one or two weeks.  This is just a quick list to get my mind going:
-research musical plants
-go to the Childrens Garden and check out the spot
-observe some landscapes around town for inspiration
-do that sheet with Mr.C for class on Monday
-research zones
-read and respond to the article that we read in class last tuesday (I was absent)
-Creative project for class on the 16th
That seems pretty good for now. 

The Compost Fair was on Sunday, May 1st!  It is entirely run by the Master Composters, so we had an enormous amount of work to do.  I was there on Sunday from 9-5.  I would say the event was a great success!  I was working at the basics booth, and therefore I talked to a lot of people who didn't know much about composting.  The best part about this was that I got to really see how much I do and don't know about composting.  The fair had music, food, demo sites, compost consultations, a plant swap, an advanced composting area and more.  I am excited to hear how the fair went for the other booths, because I only got to be around the basics booth.  On May 12th is graduation, and I will have finished my Master Composter course!! Becoming a Master Composter could have really been a whole WISE project by itself.  There is a lot of work and time that the course demands.  But I am excited to incorporate my composting skills into the Music Garden (adding some compost to the soil for healthy plants!)

Here is a few of us at the compost fair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment