Yesterday was the plant sale, sponsored by the Cornell cooperative extension.
I went with my mom, and we browsed the selection. There were a lot of great plants! But I kept my eyes open for only plants with musical names. Looking back, I wish I would have taken a close look at all of the other plants! Anyways... here is what I found:
The Magic Garden had a few plants with musical names that included the angel/devil trumpet, coral bells, and million bells. Also, a lot of the nursery's had viola, (commonly known as violets or pansies).
So now I know that there are some flowers out there that can be used. But there still are some issues....
I saw Leigh from the Children's Garden there. I reminded her about the e-mail I sent talking about dates and when I could get my design approved by the committee. I also asked about a budget in the meeting. Right now, there is no money for the Music Garden. Crap... This means that I will see if there is another round of WISE grants, and if not I will have to ask for donations or raise my own money. I will have to figure it out! Leigh also said that this has been a busy week for the Children's Garden, so it is taking a while for her to get responses. I am a little concerned right now. I wanted things to be moving a bit faster than they are.
I was doing some thinking, though, and WISE is a process. I feel confident that I have done a lot in my process so far. Of course I have high hopes for where I want to be by June 15th....but I have come to terms with the fact that if I do not accomplish this, I have done a lot to be proud of so far. I want to keep going! (I still hope the Children's Garden will get in a higher gear with me! We will see)