Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Research- Sound instruments

Sources:
http://www.pps.org/great_public_spaces/one?public_place_id=676&type_id=0
http://www.soundplay.com/index.html
http://www.naturesinstruments.com/

This is a pebble chime instrument.  By dropping pebbles on the outside edge of this metal sheet, it makes a noise. 

I like the natural look to this music garden.  As you can see in the far back of the picture, there is a zylaphone type of an instrument.  I think I will be able to create something similar to this.

 Here is another music garden, with an orange thunder drum.  There is also different sized pipes in the background that give off different noises when struck.
I want to figure out a way to make a piano type landscape like seen in this picture.  I think it would be an interactive way for kids to walk through the garden...if there were piano key paths.


There is a lot of planning that needs to go into this garden.  I e-mailed Leigh from the childrens garden about details, and I am waiting to hear back from her.   But until then, I have been brainstorming what cheap items that I could use for noise props in the garden.  Empty trashcans could work for drums, and hollow pipes may be able to be transformed into a musical instrument.  Also, maybe I could find a plant or some sort of pebbles that would make noise when stepped on.  I want the garden to be interative for the kids, allowing them to use as many senses as possible.  More ideas to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment