Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Architecture Tour

On Thursday the 24th I accompanied the Learning Web to a tour the Tetra Tech architecture building in Ithaca.  First off, I guess I had never given much thought about what to expect.  When I arrived at their office, I was very impressed with the design of the building.  All of the furniture, lighting fixtures, desks, even cork boards were innovative and trendy in one way or another.  It was a really cool thing to see.  Most of the tour was about architecture as it applies to buildings.  But, there were some landscape architects in the building.  Unfortunately, the tour did not cover what their daily work consisted of, so I got the contact information of the woman who led the tour.  I am going to e-mail her now see if there is a time when I can do an interview with one of the landscape architects.  What I enjoyed most about this tour was that I could see where my field of interest can be applied to in the real world and turned into a career other than just being a gardener or building your own landscaping business.  I am looking forward to learning more about their firm.

Other things to do this week:
-Tomorrow is my internship at Cayuga Landscaping
-Thursday I have a presentation in my composting class!
-By Friday, I need to fill out my WISE self-evaluation form.

No comments:

Post a Comment